Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Loch Awe

Some impressions from a cruise on Loch Awe. Yes, it is in Scotland, and no, I didn't photoshop in the weather. It's a bit of a drive, but the Alfa just eats up those miles, and I did it in two days, also visiting friends in Dunblane.

Finally there

And off

Cockpit busy, if not cramped

Found a place to stay the night

It was getting darker, but I had a plan

Lovely morning - why not go sailing…

Navigation table

Self portrait with boom

It was different for Roger Casement

Approaching Kilchurn Castle

Stairs are alright, but the roof's no good

End of day, time to row
Evening of beauty, spoiled by drying underwear

That's better


The woods of the island hid an old cemetery

Still life with some water
Time to move on

Hard work

More of the same


That's it, PJs and all...

A simple dinner
… and off to bed. 'Bed'.

No tv, but sunset as good as on Autumn Watch


A good, nutritious breakfast

Flying at just over a knot

Dreaming of…

Back on firm ground. Time to plan the next cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment